Partnerships Assistant (Taiwanese National)
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world through increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. For more information about World Vegetable Center, please visit our website: worldveg.org
WorldVeg seeks to recruit a Communication Assistant to work in the Office of Deputy Director General -Partnerships at its Headquarters in Shanhua, Tainan, Taiwan.
• Assist DDG – P in establishing the ‘Open Science Center’.
• As guided by DDG-P, liaise and establish linkages with universities and advanced research institutes in Taiwan and abroad for partnerships
• Develop and manage institutional arrangements viz. MoUs, exchange of acceptance letters, joint committees to plan and oversee the partnerships, etc.
• Coordinate and manage inquiries on visiting training at WorldVeg HQ
• Manage invitation letters for training courses organized by WorldVeg
• Manage logistics for visiting students, trainees, and scientists at WorldVeg HQ
• Provide secretarial assistance to DDG-P
• Perform any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and as directed by the supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s or MSc degree, Foreign language, or Agriculture related is preferred;
• Minimum of one year of work experience in Administration-related business;
• High proficiency in English and Chinese languages, both written and spoken;
• Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and word-processing applications;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Willing to learn and meet new challenges;
• Able to work in interdisciplinary teams in a multicultural, multinational environment;
• Able to work independently and effectively in challenging situations.
The Reward: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with competitive pay and benefits.
The candidate we hire will embody WorldVeg’s Five Core Values:
1. Dedication to Innovation and Knowledge Sharing Supports the conduct of world-class science, respects ethical standards, and is committed to sharing results in a transparent manner.
2. Commitment to Impact Aspires to achieve positive, tangible, and lasting impact contributing to Sustainable Development Goals.
3. Commitment to Partnerships Believes in the value of partnerships to advance research for development.
4. Respect for People Respect the diversity of gender, culture, ethnic origin, religion, age, beliefs, and views.
5. Respect for the Environment Strives to minimize its environmental impact and to introduce greener technology and practices.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with a curriculum vitae, a recent passport-size photograph, names and addresses (including telephone/fax/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or the job bank site before 14 April 2023. Please mention the position title in the subject line.